53ER23-46 LIMITED-TIME $500 RAFFLE PROMOTION.
- Beginning September 18 and ending October 29, 2023 ("Promotion Period"), the Florida Lottery will conduct the Limited-Time $500 Raffle Promotion ("Promotion").
- Up to, through, and including, the issuance of the 9,999,999th Raffle ticket, or until the end of the Promotion Period, whichever occurs first, one Raffle ticket will be issued to players who purchase a single ticket for any CASH POP™, FLORIDA LOTTO®, MEGA MILLIONS®, or POWERBALL® draw game for a $10 or greater purchase price.
- Upon the issuance of the 9,999,999th Raffle ticket, Raffle tickets will no longer be issued.
- Players holding Raffle tickets will have a chance to win a cash prize of $500.
- Powerball and Mega Millions QUICKTICKETs™ are not eligible. Free tickets are not eligible.
- How to Enter.
- A purchase that meets the requirements described in subsection (1), above, will trigger a terminal or vending machine, as applicable, to automatically print one Raffle ticket. A Winning Alert will sound when a Raffle ticket is generated. A prize alert symbol will print on qualifying draw game tickets. Upon the issuance of the 9,999,999th Raffle ticket, no additional Raffle tickets will be issued. Should a problem arise concerning the transaction, it is the player's responsibility to seek resolution with the retailer and the Florida Lottery prior to leaving the retail or Lottery office location. Each Raffle ticket will contain a unique number that will automatically be entered into the next available Promotion drawing. Players shall keep their original Raffle ticket/s throughout the Promotion Period, which will be needed for determining if a prize has been won and for redeeming a prize won, if any.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of Raffle tickets issued, which constitute entries (one entry per Raffle ticket issued), during each drawing entry period. Upon the occurrence of the issuance of the 9,999,999th Raffle ticket, all non-winning Raffle tickets will be entered into the upcoming drawing, if any, and subsequent Promotion drawings, if any remain. All entries are subject to validation by the Florida Lottery and will be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met.
- Drawings and Number of Prizes. The Florida Lottery will conduct six (6) drawings in the Promotion to select winning numbers. Drawings will be held on the dates listed in the table, below, from the entries generated by 11:59:59 (ET) on the Drawing Entry
Period end date. Drawings will be public, held in Tallahassee, Florida, and witnessed by an accountant employed by an independent certified public accounting firm.
Only Raffle tickets issued during a Drawing Entry Period, listed in the table below, will be entered into the associated drawing. Except that, upon the occurrence of the issuance of the 9,999,999th Raffle ticket, if such occurs prior to the end of the Promotion Period, all non-winning Raffle tickets issued throughout the Promotion Period (less Raffle tickets previously drawn as winner) will be entered into an upcoming drawing, if any, and subsequent Promotion drawings, if any remain.
As players are not required to register for a drawing, the only evidence of a winning Raffle ticket is the original Raffle ticket. Players shall retain their original Raffle ticket/s throughout the entire Promotion Period, as it will be required to show proof of a win and be required to redeem a prize won, if any.
The drawing entry periods, winning Raffle numbers drawn/publish dates, and winning Raffle ticket redemption deadline dates are listed in the table, below:
DRAWING ENTRY PERIOD (all dates shown below are inclusive) WINNING RAFFLE NUMBERS DRAWN and PUBLISH DATES WINNING RAFFLE TICKET REDEMPTION DEADLINE September 18 - September 24, 2023 September 25, 2023 March 22, 2024 September 25 - October 1, 2023 October 2, 2023 March 29, 2024 October 2 - October 8, 2023 October 9, 2023 April 5, 2024 October 9 - October 15, 2023 October 16, 2023 April 12, 2024 October 16 - October 22, 2023 October 23, 2024 April 19, 2024 October 23 - October 29, 2023 October 30, 2023 April 26, 2024
- The prize amounts and number of winners are listed in the table, below:
PRIZE AMOUNT NUMBER OF WINNERS PER DRAWING TOTAL NUMBER OF WINNERS TOTAL PRIZE AMOUNT $500 100 600 $300,000
- How to Claim a Prize
- Winning Raffle numbers in promotional drawings will be posted on the Florida Lottery's website at www.flalottery.com on the "WINNING RAFFLE NUMBERS DRAWN AND PUBLISH DATES," listed in the table in subsection (3), above, or as soon thereafter as possible. Aside from publication on the Lottery's website, the Lottery will not attempt to further notify any prizewinner. A player may also check his/her Raffle ticket at any Lottery retailer or Lottery office or by scanning the Raffle ticket via "Check My Ticket" on the Florida Lottery's app.
- A player with a winning Raffle ticket may redeem it at any Lottery retailer or Lottery office or may mail it to the Florida Lottery, Attn: Claims Processing, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32301. Only an original Raffle ticket shall be honored for prize redemption; a copy, photograph, and the like, in any form or other medium will not be accepted. If a player mails in a winning Raffle ticket, the player shall include, in legible writing, his/her name, a mailing address, a telephone number, and an email address, along with the original ticket. Any mailing must be post-marked on or before the applicable WINNING RAFFLE TICKET REDEMPTION DEADLINE date, set forth in the table under subsection (3), above. The risk of mailing remains with the player. The Lottery is not responsible for delays in mailing or lost/stolen mail. The deadline for redeeming a winning Raffle ticket is 180 days from the applicable draw date, as set forth in the table under subsection (3), above.
- A player can only win one prize per Raffle ticket.
- Should any winning Raffle ticket not be redeemed, the prize associated with that winning Raffle ticket will not be awarded. In the event that 9,999,999 Raffle tickets are not issued by the end of the Promotion Period, any remaining tickets will not otherwise be issued.
- Taxes. All Federal, state, and/or local taxes and/or other costs and fees on all prizes will be the responsibility of the prizewinner.
- Other Restrictions and Provisions.
- A player must be at least 18 years of age.
- All prizes and provisions herein are subject to the provisions of chapter 24, F.S., and rules promulgated thereunder. Copies of the Payment of Prizes rule (53ER23-20, F.A.C.) can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32301.
- Persons prohibited by section 24.116, Fla. Stat., from purchasing a Florida Lottery ticket are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
- By entering the Limited-Time $500 Raffle Promotion, a player gives his or her permission for the Florida Lottery to photograph and/or videotape and record the prizewinner with or without prior notification and to use the name, photograph, videotape, and/or recording of the prizewinner for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation.
Rulemaking Authority 24.105(9), 24.109(1) FS. Law Implemented 24.105(9), 24.107, 24.115(1) FS. History-New 9-18-23.
The official rule for the Limited-Time $500 Raffle Promotion can be obtained from the Florida Administrative Code at www.flrules.org on or soon after September 18, 2023. In the event of a conflict between a provision of this rule version and the official rule, the official rule shall govern.