In addition to internal audits and investigations, the Office of Inspector General performs the following duties:
- Reviews or investigates complaints received on the State Comptroller's Get-Lean Hotline;
- Develops long-term and annual audit plans based on the findings of periodic risk assessments;
- Prepares an annual report summarizing the activities of the office;
- Monitors the implementation of the state agency's response to any report on the Department issued by the Auditor General or by the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (OPPAGA);
- Performs the annual assessment of the reliability and validity of the agency's performance measures;
- Provides assistance and resources as needed for the Office of the Chief Inspector General, Office of the Auditor General, OPPAGA, and other state agencies; and
- Provides consulting assistance to Department management and staff.