In addition to internal audits and investigations, the Office of Inspector General performs the following duties:
- Reviews or investigates complaints received on the State Comptroller's Get-Lean Hotline and the Governor's Whistleblower Hotline;
- Develops long-term and annual audit plans based on the findings of periodic risk assessments;
- Prepares an annual report summarizing the activities of the office;
- Monitors the implementation of the Agency's response to any report on the Agency issued by the Auditor General or by the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (OPPAGA);
- Performs the annual assessment of the reliability and validity of the agency's performance measures;
- Provides assistance and resources as needed for the Office of the Chief Inspector General, Office of the Auditor General, OPPAGA, and other state agencies; and
- Provides consulting assistance to Agency management and staff.